Sunday, January 30, 2011

No Title

I really like this picture because it is taken from an odd angle, with the camera tipped up a little bit. I also think that it kind of sets a mood of solemnity and calmness. One other thing that I noticed was that this picture has much more depth than many others. It has a main subject focus, and the first thing I noticed, the tower. But at a second glance, I noticed the woman standing next to it as well, and that somehow gives it a different feel, and adds questions like 'why is she there?, why is she just standing in that spot?'.


photo by Jiajia Zhang

1 comment:

  1. Including the woman gives scale to the tower. Nice repetition and diminishing size of the different levels. It could almost be an alien structure that just landed on earth.

    ReplyDelete