Sunday, February 6, 2011

There are a lot of things going on in this picture but the one thing that stood out in this picture was the lake. Within the green of the trees and the grays and whites of the rocks, I think that it was smart for the photographer to make this picture a bird's view so that you can have a bunch of colors incorporated into the picture, so they could make the lakes color stand out. Another thing I noticed that I think I would use in my pictures is how you can see the shadows of the clouds on the lake, and on the tree lines.



The photographer used a lot of different tools when taking this picture. They had the subject matters'(the light post) focal point placement off to the bottom left to draw your eyes to it. They also played with the camera-subject distance. They obviously zoomed in on the light post because all you can see is the top of it, and not the pole or the ground. Another thing I noticed is they sort of blurred the trees in the background to make the light post really stand out. Also I think its cool how they left the picture as is with the writing on the bottom of the light bulb visible.


No comments:

Post a Comment