Thursday, February 3, 2011

Gloria Assignment #1

photography-now
Moonrise over Hemandez, New Mexico, 1942
By Ansel Adams
I chose this photo because it is so peaceful and serene. It reminds me of those nights that are restless and there is a full moon making everything have and eerie, celestial glow. I think I could use the moon in my own photography because I live in an area where the moon is always visible and beautiful.





Nicola Kast, 1982

This photo caught my attention because of the intricate needles and the spiderweb of branches in the background. I like this photo because I enjoy nature and trees, because they can make almost any picture interesting. Also the black and white of the picture gives it a new element because it brings out the contrast on sky and trees that could be normally missed with color. I could use this strategy in my photography to help enhance the pictures I take if the material is right.

1 comment:

  1. Ansel Adams' photo includes a lot of empty sky. He captured this with an 8 x 10 camera. (The negative was 8" x 10". That's BIG!)In the darkroom he hand darkened the sky and lightened other parts. He says that no two prints from this negative are exactly the same because of the darkroom manipulation.

    ReplyDelete